Things of interest

  • www.worldofwool.co.uk

Monday 17 May 2010

Change of plan









I had planned to do another pile weave cloak for my next project but this has been shelved for the time being in favour of an early Saxon peplos for a reenactment event I am hoping to take part in later this year.

I'm using a nice dark brown Hebridean fleece that has lots of long guard hairs that I am separating out to use for the warp. If there isn't enough for the whole warp I shall mix in some Herdwick of a similar colour.



The photos show how far I've got today. Guard hairs have been separated from the soft undercoat and turned into a roving ready for spinning. Several skeins of spun singles have been soaked in a thin mix of wallpaper paste and hung up under tension to dry. There is enough to start making the warp. Two warp bundles done, only another 26 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment